Though Fall technically doesn't start until the middle of September, Walt Disney World is getting the special event season started a little bit early this year, with several events happening this month. So while the temperatures may still be in the high 90s in Florida, here are all the important events coming up this month that you won't want to miss!
1. August 18 - Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party kicks off
It's hard to believe, but the 2018 edition of Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party will kick off this weekend with the first party date happening on August 18th. Though we've still got two and a half months until October 31st, all your favorite Halloween entertainment options will be happening on event nights beginning this weekend, including Happy HalloWishes, and the Boo to You Parade. In addition, the following new things to do have been added this year:
- Mad Tea Party: This attraction will take you for a colorful ride as new lighting and effects give a new spin on the night.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Sew pirates invade the experience, interacting with sailing guests who will join the search for “Gunpowder Pete.”
- Space Mountain: Explorers will hurtle through deep space as a new soundtrack and special effects transform the adventure.
- Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam: This kid-focused entertainment option is a dance party that will favorite several Disney Junior Characters, including Doc McStuffins, and probably Vampirina as well!
Because the Magic Kingdom will be playing host to this regular after hours event beginning this month (and then Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in November), they will be moving the Festival of Fantasy parade to an earlier 2:00 PM start time beginning on August 17th, and lasting through the end of the year.
2.August 19 - PhotoPass Day
For the third year in a row Disney will be bringing back PhotoPass Day for a single day, again on August 19th, which is one day after the kickoff of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. This special one-day event, which allows guests to take free PhotoPass pictures at designated spots around Walt Disney World as well as get some shots with rare and hard-to-find characters, has been a surprise hit the past few years, which makes bringing it back for 2018 a no-brainer. Last week Disney confirmed an extensive character and effects lineup for this growing one-day event, which you can check out here.
In addition to all the fun photo ops, guests who drop by Walt Disney World on PhotoPass Day will also be able to purchase digital downloads of all of their photos from the day with Memory Maker One Day, which will be available on PhotoPass Day for the special price of $39.