Character meet and greets are a big part of what makes a trip to Walt Disney World so special, and in recent months Disney has taken it upon themselves to make a number of improvements and changes to each park's character line-up. While not all of these changes are always popular with guests, Disney is constantly making adjustments to try and make character offerings as diverse as possible while still keeping things running efficiently around the parks.
It was announced earlier this year that for the third year in a row Disney will be bringing back PhotoPass Day for a single day, again on August 19th. This special one-day event, which has historically allowed guests to take free PhotoPass pictures at designated spots around Walt Disney World as well as get some shots with rare and hard-to-find characters, has been a surprise hit the past few years, which makes bringing it back for 2018 a no-brainer
Earlier this week Disney revealed the character lineup for this year's PhotoPass day, which includes a lot of returning favorites as well as a few long lost friends. However, as you might notice, there will be a lot of "digital" characters this year as well. Here's the full lineup for every park and Disney Springs:
- Peter Pan Shadow Magic Shot: between the LEGO Store and World of Disney
- Original Selfie Magic Shot: outside of the Disney PhotoPass Studio
- Special balloons virtual background: at the Disney PhotoPass Studio
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Meet Bolt: Discovery Island Trails from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Meet Baloo and King Louie: Upcountry Landing in Asia from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Huey, Dewey and Louie Magic Shot: DinoLand U.S.A.
- Kevin Magic Shot: near “UP! A Great Bird Adventure”
- Russell’s grape soda bottlecap pin prop: near “UP! A Great Bird Adventure”
- Finding Nemo prop: near “Finding Nemo – The Musical”
- Kilimanjaro Safaris prop: near the attraction entrance
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Meet Jawas: Star Wars Launch Bay Cantina from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rizzo Magic Shot: near MuppetVision 3D
- Green Army Man Magic Shot: near the entrance to Slinky Dog Dash
- Hollywood Tower Hotel luggage prop: Sunset Boulevard
- Beauty and the Beast light painting next to Theater of the Stars (available from 8:00 PM. to 10:00 PM)