Though it may not initially seem like it, Walt Disney World has truly come into its own in recent years as a real food lover’s paradise. If you count yourself as one of the many who love eating their way around the Walt Disney World parks and resorts, there are some big changes taking effect right now you should know about.
For July's dining update, we take a look at new trendy treats coming to the resort, the addition of family-style service to a popular quick service stop, plus expensive new upcharge events are announced!
1. Pizzafari begins family-style service later this month
Starting July 31st, Pizzafari will add a new "family style" option to the restaurant that allows guests to make reservations ahead of time, place your drink orders at the counter, and then have their food delivered to them in a special seating area. Guests will then be able to enjoy their choice of 2 appetizers (Caprese Salad and Ceasar Salad), 3 entrees (pasta, chicken, and pizza) and dessert, all served family style.
Pizzafari Family-Style Dining will be offered between 5pm and 8pm daily and will cost is $19.99 for guests ages 10 and older and $11.99 for guests ages 3-9, including tax and non-alcoholic beverages.
2. Iridescent treats now available across Walt Disney World
After Rose Gold mania and Millenial Pink madness, Disney has introduced another colorful food trend this summer: Iridescent goodies! Here are some of the new treats guests can find around the resorT:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Iridescent Cupcake with confetti cakewith strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream icing and topped with crispy pearls and a chocolate Minnie Mouse hat.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge: Chocolate Rhino Cupcake with caramel filling.
- Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts: Rainbow Cookies ‘n Cream Blondie topped with fondant and chocolate ears on top and chunks of chocolate cookies and rainbow sprinkles inside.
- BoardWalk Bakery: Iridescent Unicorn Ears Cupcake with wildberry lemonade mousse filling, multicolored frosting, a white chocolate iridescent unicorn horn, white chocolate ears, and crispy pearls.
- Fountain View at Epcot: Iridescent Headband Crisped Rice Treat at Fountain
- Disney’s All Star Resorts and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: Iridescent Cupcake made with cotton candy marshmallow filling and raspberry buttercream
- Amorette's Patisserie:Iridescent Sparkling Wine with an iridescent white chocolate Minnie Mouse topper and a Unicorn Macaron Lollipop filled with toasted white chocolate rainbow ganache
- The Ganachery at Disney Springs: Unicorn strawberry lemon ganache lollipop covered in iridescent pink chocolate and decorated like a unicorn.