One of the big differences between Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom and Halloween Time at Disneyland is attraction changes. While Disneyland has the Haunted Mansion Holiday and Ghost Galaxy overlays, the Magic Kingdom has traditionally focused on the character aspect of its annual fall event. However, that is changing in 2018, as a number of interesting enhancements have been announced for some classic attractions this fall...
1. Three attractions to get spooky new features for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Though the biggest draws for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party are the character interactions, the parade, the fireworks, and of course the candy, it looks like Disney is looking to pump some new energy into this event after a few years of stagnation by adding the following improvements to these three classic rides:
- Mad Tea Party: This attraction will take you for a colorful ride as new lighting and effects give a new spin on this classic spinning attraction in Fantasyland
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Over in Adventureland, new pirates will invade this attraction, interacting with sailing guests who will join the search for “Gunpowder Pete.” Though we don't know exactly where these new character interactions will take place (we'd guess it will be part of the queue), we're very excited to see what kind of interactive element comes to this attraction this fall.
- Space Mountain: Finally, over in Tomorrowland, guests who board this attraction will be able to hurtle through deep space as a new soundtrack and special effects transform the adventure. No information has been released on what exactly these new effects will be or how they'll relate to the Halloween holiday, but any update to the Magic Kingdom's version of this attraction is more than welcome.
2. No new shows in 2018, but there will be a new dance party
It was confirmed earlier this year that both the current Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular as well as Happy HalloWishes would be returning in 2018 to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party just the way guests remember them from previous years. However, it was announced just last week that a new entertainment offering would be added this year: the all-new Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam. This kid-focused entertainment option is a dance party that will favorite Disney Junior Characters, including Doc McStuffins.