This week at Walt Disney World, Disney announces some exciting plans for this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, a new package deal is announced that includes guaranteed access to Toy Story Land, plus Disney's Skyliner system hits a big milestone!
Outside Walt Disney World, another haunted house is announced for this year's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida, plus SeaWorld confirms another free ticket offer.
1. Attraction enhancements announced for this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
One of the big differences between Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom and Halloween Time at Disneyland is attraction changes. While Disneyland has the Haunted Mansion Holiday and Ghost Galaxy overlays, the Magic Kingdom has traditionally focused on the character aspect of its annual fall event. However, that is changing in 2018, as the following attraction changes have been announced for this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:
- Mad Tea Party: This attraction will take you for a colorful ride as new lighting and effects give a new spin on the night.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Sew pirates invade the experience, interacting with sailing guests who will join the search for “Gunpowder Pete.”
- Space Mountain: Explorers will hurtle through deep space as a new soundtrack and special effects transform the adventure.
In addition to these attraction changes, it was also announced that the Storybook Circus would be hosting the all-new Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, a dance party featuring favorite Disney Junior Characters, including Doc McStuffins.
2. Gondolas arrive at Walt Disney World
Work has really been ramping up over the past few months on the Disney Skyliner project and earlier this week social media users were able to catch a few quick glimpses of the Skyliner gondola cabs being delivered to the resort. Though this is certainly an exciting development, we still probably won't be able to hop aboard one of these vehicles until 2019.
3. Toy Story Land access now bundled with new fall vacation package
Earlier this week Disney announced the new Ultimate Disney Fall Into Magic Package, which includes exclusive experiences, including access to Toy Story Land. The limited-time deal includes a five-night stay at a select Disney Resort hotel for guest arrival on September 3 and departure on September 8, and includes four-day Magic Your Way tickets as well as an itinerary full of scheduled experiences in all four Theme Parks, including exclusive access to the brand new Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Here's the full itinerary for this new package:
- September 3 – Guests arrive at Walt Disney World Resort.
- September 4 – Epcot - Exclusive welcome dinner party inspired by Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- September 5 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom - A Nighttime Kilimanjaro Safaris Adventure, exclusive “Rivers of Light” viewing just for guests on this package.
- September 6 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios - Play around with two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from 10:00 PM to Midnight.
- September 7 – Magic Kingdom Park - Access to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
- September 8 – Guests depart Walt Disney World Resort.
This new package will cost $149 per person, per night, for a family of four in a Standard Room at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, for a total package price of $2,980, which isn't too expensive with the options available and tickets included.