FastPass+ has gone through quite a few changes in 2018, the most notable of which has been the introduction of a new, paid FastPass+ tier, only available for purchase by club-level guests at Walt Disney World’s deluxe hotels. However, it looks like Disney is adding a new FastPass+ option that is now available to all guests who buy a new ticket type, which is now available for purchase on the official Disney website.
Pre-loaded FastPass+ 1-Day, 1-Park tickets now available
Disney has announced a new ticket offer that allows guests to purchase a one-day, one park ticket that comes pre-loaded with FastPass+ reservations. This ticket costs the same as a regular park ticket, but the catch is that guests must use the ticket (and its accompanying FastPass+ reservations) the day after purchase only. Tickets come in a variety of “packages” which include the following FastPass+ reservations at each park:
- Party Futuristic and Frightful Fun – Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, and Tomorrowland Speedway
- Pint-Size Adventures – The Barnstormer, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and Pirates of the Caribbean
- Whimsical Escapades – Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Immersive Explorations – Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Delightful Encounters – The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sensational Stage Shows – Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing-Along, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Movie-Inspired Entertainment – MuppetVision 3D, Star Tours, and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Prehistoric and Whitewater Thrills – Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, and Primeval Whirl
- Wild Performances – Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, and It’s Tough to be a Bug
As you may have already noticed, none of these packages include the most popular attractions at each park, so guests hoping to score a last-minute reservation for Avatar – Flight of Passage, The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, or any of the new Toy Story Land attractions using these tickets will be disappointed. However, even though the options available aren't recommended FastPass+ attractions, these tickets could be useful for last minute guests who don't want to worry about making FastPass+ reservations themselves. And there is another reason Disney might want to bundle these tickets and FastPass+ reservations together...