Upcharge events are definitely the new normal at Walt Disney World, and this month has brought some interesting updates for guests looking to add a little something "extra" to their next trip to the resort. From a kids-only upcharge at Disney's Contemporary Resort to yet another "after hours" experience planned for this summer, here are all the upcharges coming to Disney Parks in the near future that you need to know about!
1. New Tiffins Talks dining experience to cost $165 per person
Announced last month, the Tiffins Talks dining upcharge is a new experience designed to help celebrate the 20th anniversary of Disney's Animal Kingdom with themed dinners hosted by animal experts inside the signature Tiffins restaurant. And now we know a little bit more about what this new experience will entail.
First off, this will be quite the pricey upcharge experience, costing $165 per person (tax and gratuity included), and the event will take place on select nights from April 22 through May 5. So what does this price get you?
In addition to specialty food and beverages (which will change depending on the night's topic), guests who attend a "Tiffins Talk" will be able to learn more about the history of Disney's Animal Kingdom from an expert who has had a hand in the development or maintenance of the park.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Joseph Soltis, Research Scientist for Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment
- Joe Rohde, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Dr. Jason Fischer, Conservation Program Manager for Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment
- Rachel Daneault, Zoological Manager at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the Primate – Carnivore team
- Dr. Anne Savage, Conservation Director for Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment
- Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts