Disney Springs has become quite the subject of controversy for the past few years, with some outspoken fans saying this re-imagined shopping district has become too much like an outlet mall and isn’t really keeping with the “spirit” of the former Downtown Disney district any more. However, no matter how you feel about the changing face of this location, in the two years since this shopping district opened, Disney has been making a lot of changes, opening new stores, offering great deals, and even hosting some character-based events.
This month, a new annual passholder "benefit" is announced, a new temporary store opens to deal with the partial closure of World of Disney, plus the first details are revealed for the annual St. Patrick's Day event at Raglan Road.
1. Annual Passholder "Super Saturday" event announced
2. Extended hours and entertainment testing this month
Thursdays through Saturdays in March, Disney Springs will be extending its hours until 2AM, and will also be adding the following entertainment options for this month only:
- There will be a live DJ on the stage next to The Boathouse from 10:00 PM
- The Edison, Enzo's Hideaway, Morimoto Asia, STK Orlando, Raglan Road, and Paradiso 37 will also be offering their own entertainment from around 10:00 PM.
- Pizza Ponte, Vivoli Il Gelato, Joffery’s Coffee and D-Luxe Burger will also be staying open late, with D-Luxe offering a special late night menu which includes a donut burger.