Though it may not initially seem like it, Walt Disney World has truly come into its own in recent years as a real food lover’s paradise. If you count yourself as one of the many who love eating their way around the Walt Disney World parks and resorts, there are some big changes taking effect right now you should know about.
For February's second dining update, Be Our Guest implements a potentially controversial new change, a special limited-time upcharge is announced for a Disney's Animal Kingdom eatery, plus, over at Disneyland Resort, two dining establishment are confirmed to be getting re-themed in the near future!
1. Be Our Guest goes Prix-Fixe for dinner this summer
Be Our Guest has been going through a number of changes in recent weeks, which have included the controversial inclusion of disposable plates. However, though that change didn't stick, Disney has announced that this restaurant will be introducing a new prix fixe dinner menu this summer, beginning July 27. From this date forward, Be Our Guest dinner service will be limited to a three-course dinner that includes your choice of appetizer and entrée, followed by a personal dessert platter. Pricing will be $55 for adults and $35 for children, and dinner here will remain two credits on the Disney Dining Plan.
The menu will go through some adjustments to reflect this new format, but some old favorites should remain. Here's a selection of what to expect:
- French Onion Soup
- Charred Octopus with citrus-laced fingerling potatoes, pickled hearts of palm and red pepper coulis
- Escargot with herb garlic butter and toasted gremolata
- Aselection of assorted meats and artisanal cheeses such as chicken liver pâté, chorizo sausage Manchego, and truffle tremor
- Grilled Center-Cut Filet Mignon with potato au gratin, Romano beans, Cipollini marmalade and a cherry-laced red wine reduction
- Smoked Black-Eye Pea Tortellini with roasted seasonal vegetables, tomato relish and basil-scented tomato water
- Poulet Rouge Chicken
- Saffron-Infused Seafood Bouillabaisse
- Roasted Lamb Chops
- Kurobuta Pork Tenderloins
2. New Tiffins Talks dining experience announced for Disney's Animal Kindom's 20th anniversary
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Disney's Animal Kingdom and as a part of the Party for the Planet birthdya celebrations Disney has announced that signatre restaurant Tiffins will play hose to a special upcharge experience known as Tiffins Talks, which will themed dinners hosted by animal experts inside this restaurant. , the theme park’s signature, full-service restaurant. Price and booking information has not been released yet, but considering this park's anniversary is less than two months away, we'd expect details to be released soon!