This week at Walt Disney World, times for three of the resort's nighttime spectaculars shift, a new activity at Epcot is announced, plus the Minnie Van program expands outside Walt Disney World resort.
Outside Walt Disney World, Universal debuts its new castle projection show, a new sweet spot comes to Islands of Adventure, plus Busch Gardens brings back a popular freebie for 2018.
1. Minnie Vans now available for airport transportation
Though Minnie Vans have been available for in-resort transportation for several months now, Disney announced this week that guests could now book this transportation option for guests who would like a private ride back to Orlando International Airport (MCO). Minnie Van Service to the airport can be booked via Concierge Cast Members, up to one day before departure and costs $150. Up to 6 passengers (with up to 3 car seats) can be accomodated by this transportation option.
2. New scavenger hunt coming to 2018's Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
In addition to the fan-favorite egg hunt that takes place every year around the World Showcase, Disney has announced another new scavenger hunt will be making its debut in 2018. Spike's Pollen Nation Exploration is a new hunt starring Disney's favorite honey bee, Spike, who has left a pollination trail around World Showcase at Epcot. Guests can search for each plant Spike has pollinated, identifiable by Spike himself and a Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration plant stake, and once they find him, they add the corresponding sticker the map. After finding all the plants, guests can return the map for a springtime surprise.
3. Times are adjusted slightly for nightly spectaculars
Beginning this week, times for three of Walt Disney World's nightly spectaculars have been adjusted slightly. Here's the new schedule:
- Happily Ever After at the Magic Kingdom will be presented at 7:55 PM nightly (instead of 8:00 PM)
- Star Wars – A Galactic Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios will be presented at 8:15 PM (instead of 8:00 PM)
- Disney Movie Magic at Disney's Hollywood Studios will be presented at 7:55 PM (instead of 7:40 PM)