This week at Walt Disney World, new concept art is released for a number of projects on the horizon, hours change for one of the resort's most popular eateries, plus the full performer lineup is announced for this year's Disney on Broadway series.
Outside Walt Disney World, several water parks see closures due to cold weather, plus Universal makes an interesting change to their park map...
1. New concept art released for Caribbean Beach expansions
2. Performer line-up released for Disney on Broadway series at Epcot Festival of the Arts
The Disney on Broadway performance series is once again returning to the Epcot Festival of the Arts in 2018, with concerts happening Fridays through Mondays at America Gardens Theatre, with showtimes at 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00pm. Here's performer line-up:
- January 12-15 and 19-22: New this year, Kara Lindsay will join returning performer Kevin Massey, performing songs from Tarzan, Aladdin, Newsies, and Frozen.
- January 26-29 and February 2-5: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White, performing songs from Tarzan, The Lion King, Aida, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid.
- February 9-12 and 16-19: Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland, performing songs from Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Mary Poppins, Newsies, and Frozen.
3. Additional details revealed about the Disney Skyliner project
Disney also showed off some new concept images of its new Skyliner transportation system which confirmed some long-running rumors, including the fact that gondola stations will load and unload at the ground level, and there will be different "routes" guests can take, which will require the use of transfer stations, depending on where guests are trying to get to. And in addition to an unexpected Marvel character confirmation, the image above also shows that Disney princesses will be getting in on the Gondola action as well.