Disney Springs has become quite the subject of controversy for the past few years, with some outspoken fans saying this re-imagined shopping district has become too much like an outlet mall and isn’t really keeping with the “spirit” of the former Downtown Disney district any more. However, no matter how you feel about the changing face of this location, in the two years since this shopping district opened, Disney has been making a lot of changes, opening new stores, offering great deals, and even hosting some character-based events.
This month, several holiday changes are coming to Disney Springs, including expanded hours, two new attractions, and a new concierge service that you might want to check out as you're doing your holiday shopping this season!
1. Christmas Tree Trail now open at Disney Springs
One of the big hits from last year's holiday festivities was the Christmas Tree Trail, which was erected in the former bus loop area of Disney Springs in the Marketplace district, and features several Christmas Trees decorated in themes that recall classic Disney films. This new Disney Springs tradition has returned in 2017, and not only has extra trees this year as well as a snack bar. And though this trail has been open for a few days already, Disney has gone ahead and extended the hours for this display as well, with an additional hour every Friday and Saturday and special hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as well. The full schedule is below:
- Monday – Thursday: 12 pm to 10 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 10 am to 11 pm
- Sunday: 10 am to 10 pm
- Christmas Eve, 12/24: 10 am to 11 pm
- Christmas Day, 12/25: 10 am to 11 pm
2. Concierge coffee now available to be delivered through the holiday season
Even though there are two Starbucks locations at Disney Springs, as well as coffee beverages available at Amorette's and The Ganachery, guests who crave the ultimate in coffee convenience have a great new option: coffee delivery! The Starbucks located on the Market Place side has announced that they will now deliver coffee orders directly to guests at Disney Springs, wherever they happen to be! Here’s how it works:
- First, you need to download the Starbucks app from the app store on your mobile device then add your credit/debit card information to the app.
- Next, select the order tab within the app and choose the Disney Springs Market Place location. Select the food and beverage items you’d like to order and check out.
- Lastly, call Starbucks at (407) 279-2794 and let them know your name and where you are shopping. In approximately 10-20 minutes, listen for a Starbucks barista calling your name to receive your items!