It’s safe to say that 2017 has been an uneven year for Walt Disney World. After some promising signs this past spring, attendance began trending back downwards towards the middle of the year, continuing into the fall (with the exception of the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival). And while we can’t predict exactly where attendance will go from here, Disney has taken some steps recently that seem to indicate that they are worried about potentially low guest levels towards the end of the year, and are taking some big steps to try and entice guests to make a last-minute trip during the upcoming holiday season.
1. More special deals are announced for the holiday season
Earlier this month we took a look at some of the deep discounts Disney is offering both this fall and in the new year, and it looks like guests who know where to look can get some pretty amazing deals on rooms, tickets and more as the holiday season approaches.
However, it looks like Disney isn’t done rolling out the holiday travel incentives just yet, as a brand new deal has been unveiled that is very interesting, and unlike anything else Disney has offered in recent years. This limited time offer, known as the Ultimate Disney Christmas, is a fixed arrival/departure package that covers December 21, 2017, through December 26, 2017, and includes all of the following:
- Thursday, December 21: Ticket to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom
- Friday, December 22: Special nighttime access to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom
- Saturday, December 23: Unique holiday character experience at Hollywood Studios Sunday,
- December 24: Exclusive Christmas Eve Dinner Party at Epcot
- Monday, December 25: Special Christmas Day gift delivered to guests' room
And while this sounds like it might be an upcharge experience, this package actually starts at $139 per person, per night, for a family of four in a standard room at Disney’s Coronado Springs, which makes it one of the least expensive "packages" out there, especially for small families, especially when you consider that a 4-day Park Hopper ticket and a separate ticket to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are also included in this price.