Walt Disney World’s theme parks will be closed today for the second time in over a decade, as Central Florida braces itself for the impact of Hurricane Irma, which is now projected to pass right over the resort on Sunday evening.
The area’s other major theme park resorts, including Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and LEGOLAND Florida have also announced full theme park closures, with powerful winds and torrential rainfall expected. Here are the official theme park closures and policies that have been confirmed thus far:
Walt Disney World
- ALL Walt Disney World THEME PARKS will be closed Sunday, September 10 and Monday, September 11. They are expected to reopen on Tuesday, September 12
- Disney Springs will also be closed on Sunday and Monday, reopening Tuesday.
- On Saturday, September 9, Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios will be closing early at 7:00 PM. The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Disney Springs will be closing early at at 9:00 PM. All nightly entertainment, including Rivers of Light and Happily Ever After have been pulled from the lineup.
- Disney resort guests are being advised that a curfew will likely be imposed during the storm, and they could be confined to their room for between 24-48 hours while the storm is at its strongest.
- In addition, resort guests are being encouraged to grab food, water, and other supplies from local grocery stores as their options at the resort will be extremely limited. Shortages at food courts are already being reported, and last year the lines for boxed lunches were several hours long.
- Night of Joy for Saturday, September 9 has been canceled
- The Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party event on Sunday, September 10 has been cancelled. Guests can call (407) 939-7818 to discuss refunds or re-booking.
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is closed, and guests will be moved elsewhere on property. All performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revueand Mickey's Backyard BBQ are cancelled on September 9, 10, and 11
- Disney’s Fantasia Gardens and Disney’s Winter Summerland will close at 9 p.m. on Saturday, September 9, 2017 and remain closed until Tuesday
- The Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is cancelled on September 9.
The Highway in the Sky Dine Around for September 9th has been canceled
- What’s Cooking with Alex Guarnaschelli at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival on Sunday, September 10 has been canceled
- Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It Event at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival on Monday, September 11 and Tuesday, September 12 has been canceled