Earlier this year Disney's Hollywood Studios introduced a new limited-time Star Wars event that included limited-time character meet and greets, celebrity interview panels, and of course special merchandise available for purchase. Named Star Wars: Galactic Nights, this event was a middling success, with many wondering if this expensive event, which costed $129 to attend, would return. And now it looks like this event will indeed be back later this year. But with some interesting changes...
Star Wars: Galactic Nights is officially returning to Disney's Hollywood Studios in time for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Star Wars: Galactic Nights is coming back to Disney's Hollywood Studios on December 16 2017 (The day after Star Wars: The Last Jedi is released) and will once again be offered after hours from 7:00PM to 12:00AM. Once again costing $129 per adult ($124 per child) guests who purchase a ticket will be encouraged to attend this event in costume in order to have the ultimate Star Wars-themed evening at the park. In addition to special Star Wars character meet and greets, galactic-themed treats and merchandise, there will also be some special entertainment during this special night, including the following:
- “Rebel Base” activities in the center of the park including dance parties, trivia and special shows.
- Star Wars photo ops against iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage and Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge panel: New for this winter's event is a one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. This unique event will be taking place multiple times throughout the evening at The Epic Theater and will include exciting developments about the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
In addition to the special entertainment detailed above, the following attractions will also be available for guests to experience during this very special night:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Though it looks like much of this event is being copy and pasted from previous Star Wars: Galactic Nights event at Disney's Hollywood Studios from earlier this year, it looks like Disney will be taking this event one step further, with some additional upcharge options: