It's hard to believe, but the first Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party kicks off tonight and will run for an unprecidented 32 nights this fall, the longest in the event's history! In order to get you ready for this exciting new event, here are some things you must know before you head to the Magic Kingdom for this amazing annual event.
1. Check the times guide, as there are plenty of schedule changes for 2017
Even though last year saw the debut of a new show at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the year before saw an expansion of character experiences around the park during this event (as well as the introduction of several upcharge experiences inside the event), the 2017 edition of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is basically a carbon copy of 2016's event, and won't bring any substantially new experiences to the event.
However, even though there aren't many changes coming to the entertainment lineup, there are some important schedule adjustments that longtime event attendees will want to make note of:
- Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade will begin later than normal, at 9:15 PM and 11:15 PM
- There will be one presentation of the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks at 10:15 PM
- The Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular will be performed three times during each night during August and September 2017 party dates: 8:15 PM, 10:45 PM and 12:00 AM.
- For remaining party dates, there will be four showtimes for The Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: 7:40 PM, 8:35 PM, 10:45 PM and 12:00 AM.
2. There won't be a huge amount of new character meet and greets
Character meet and greets have always been a big part of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and, as they have in years past, Disney will be bringing out some rare characters like Jack Skellington and the Seven Dwarfs. However, perhaps unfortunately, the character lineup will look very familiar to veterans of this event, with only a handful of new additions this year, including one in Adventureland, and a number of subtractions, including Merida, Buzz Lightyear, and Tinker Bell, who all will not be appearing at this year's party. Here's the full lineup:
- Aladdin and friends
- Tarzan and friends
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Jack and Sally
- Anastasia and Drizella with Cinderella
- Cruella DeVil
- Alice and friends
- Belle and Gaston
- Ariel and Prince Eric
- Pooh and friends
- Minnie Mouse
- Princess Elena
- Princess Tiana
- The Seven Dwarfs
Main Street U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse