Disney Springs has become quite the subject of controversy for the past few years, with some outspoken fans saying this re-imagined shopping district has become too much like an outlet mall and isn’t really keeping with the “spirit” of the former Downtown Disney district any more. However, no matter how you feel about the changing face of this location, in the two years since this shopping district opened, Disney has been making a lot of changes, opening new stores, offering great deals, and even hosting some character-based events.
Though we published a big update for Disney Springs earlier this month, it looks like even more changes are happening at this shopping district, with refurbishments, renames, and limited time deals just announced for this shopping district...
1. Once Upon a Toy to be refurbished while Marketplace Fun Finds closes
Beginning this week, sections of Once Upon a Toy store at Disney Springs will be closed off while improvements are made to this building. To make way for this refurbishment, all of the Star Wars merchandise in this location will be relocated to the Marketplace Fun Finds building, which itself will be refurbished prior to this change, closing from July 24th to August 2nd. This facility will then reopen August 3rd with a new name.
2. Disney Springs celebrates Christmas in July, now through the end of the month
Temperatures in central Florida may be pushing the triple digits on a regular basis now that we're in the thick of summer, but Disney Springs has decided that now is the perfect time for guests to get a little jolly and celebrate Christmas in July with the following holiday-themed special activities, events, treats, and more from now until the end of the month, including the following:
- Meet Summer Santa: Guests can now meet a specially-dressed version of Santa Claus known as Sweaty ol’ Saint Nick inside the Days of Christmas shop for photo opportunities from 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM daily.
- Christmas dance party: A DJ will play uptempo versions of favorite Christmas carols periodically throughout the day fo guests to dance along with.
- Special holiday drinks: Dockside Margaritas will feature the Snowflake Margarita while the Starbucks on the Marketplace side will temporarily be re-adding its holiday-themed drinks to the menu
- Plenty of treats available: Disney-owned sweet shops like Goofy's Candy Company, Amorette's Patisserie, and even the Ganachery will all have holiday-themed treats on offer, including peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, festive candy apples, holiday crisp rice treats, and more!
Though Disney Springs had already announced some fun activities for this summer earlier this year, this new Christmas in July event certainly seems like a fun way to potentially get guests to plan a stop by this shopping district, even as the temperatures around Walt Disney World soar.