This week at Walt Disney World, Disney increases discounts for annual passholders, the new Minnie Van service begins testing at one resort, plus a short refurbishment scheduled for later this summer is cancelled.
Outside Walt Disney World, SeaWorld offers annual passholders discount tickets to Busch Gardens, LEGOLAND changes its operating calendar and more!
1. Annual passholder and DVC dining discounts increased at select restaurants
Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members will be able to take advantage of an increased 30% dining discount at select restaurants now through Saturday, September 30, 2017.This increased discount can be applied to dinner meals served before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m, and is available at the following locations:
- Jiko at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Flying Fish at Disney's BoardWalk Resort
- The Wave...of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Citricos at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Grand Floridian Café at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Olivia's Cafe at Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Boatwright's Dining Hall at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- The Turf Club Bar & Grill at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Artist Point at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Captain's Grill at Disney's Yacht Club Resort
2. Mobile Order now available at select Magic Kingdom restaurants
Mobile Order is now available at four Magic Kingdom restaurants, including Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, the Tomorrowland Terrace (now open seasonally) and the Pinocchio Village Haus beginning July 24 and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café beginning July 25. Guests can access this new feature using the My Disney Experience app, but will need to pay for their food using a linked credit card, as cash and Disney Disning Plan credits are not accepted through this media.
3. Chef Mickey's refurbishment cancelled
Last month it was confirmed that a short, unplanned maintenance would close Chef Mickey's for a few weeks this summer. However, it looks like the maintenance that was scheduled expected to begin on July 28 and last through to August 13 2017 has now been cancelled, and the restaurant will be operating as normal for the foreseeable future.
4. Minnie Van testing now underway at Disney's BoardWalk resort
Disney has wasted no time debuting its all-new Minnie Van service, which was announced just a week ago and has already begun testing.. This new service provides an Uber-like experience with point-to-point private transportation for guests. Rides will cost a flat $20 per trip per vehicle (which makes this a pretty economical option for medium-size groups, as the Minnie Vans seat up to six), and the service is now available at Disney's BoardWalk and Yacht Club Resorts.
After this initial testing period the service is expected to expand to more locations throughout Walt Disney World and will also introduce its own app that will allow guests to request a Minnie Van on demand, again much like Uber or Lyft.There is currently no timetable for these changes, but we'd imagine that the full version of Walt Disney World's Minnie Vans service will debut before the end of the year.