Though the Magic Kingdom doesn't have large construction projects going on like those underway at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom, this generally-consistent park has actually gone through a number of changes recently, including the addition of a number of new upcharges and the redesign of Tomorrowland.
This month, a number of additional changes are taking place at this park, with two refurbishments going full steam ahead, and a new opening coming to Tomorrowland. But first, an important location that you might need to use the next time you visit this park is on the move...
1. In-park ticket sales location moves into Liberty Square
- Upgrading tickets by adding additional days or park hopping
- Upgrading tickets to an annual pass
- Replacing a lost ticket
- Making dining reservations
- Buying tickets for special events (Like Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party)
- Inquiring about special benefits (annual passholder, DVC, etc.)
2. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel set for late spring refurbishment
The Magic Kingdom's Prince Charming Regal Carrousel attraction will go down for a brief refurbishment later this spring and will be closed for nearly four weeks from April 24th through May 18th, reopening to guests May 19th. No big changes to this attraction are expected, with Disney likely touching up paint and potentially performing some routine mechanical maintenance during this moderate-length refurbishment of one of Fantasyland's most iconic attractions.
3. New Joffrey's Coffee kiosk opening in Tomorrowland this month
Can't get enough coffee? The Magic Kingdom will soon be adding another Joffrey’s Coffee kiosk near Space Mountain in Tomorrowland. Opening in just a few weeks, this new kiosk (which is currently still under construction) will offer a beverage exclusive to Magic Kingdom: the More S’mores Latte. This beverage can be served hot or iced and is made with artisan roasted espresso mixed with rich chocolate sauce, sweet marshmallow syrup, and topped with whipped cream, graham cracker sprinkles, and fluffy marshmallows.