Though it may not initially seem like it, Walt Disney World has truly come into its own in recent years as a real food lover’s paradise. If you count yourself as one of the many who love eating their way around the Walt Disney World parks and resorts, there are some big changes taking effect right now and very soon that you should know about.
For this month's second super-sized Walt Disney World dining update, we take a look at a new breakfast offering at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, get a few updates on seasonal treats at Disney Springs and even a new dining package at the Magic Kingdom. But first, we have some sad news to report out of Disney's Hollywood Studios...
1. Writer's Stop to officially close this week
The Writer's Stop is a unique snack location at Disney's Hollywood Studios that was famous for its comfy chairs, coffee house vibe, and of course its iconic Carrot Cake Cookies. And while this out-of-the-way spot was originally scheduled to close as part of the massive Disney's Hollywood Studios closure earlier this year, the Writer's Stop got a bit of a reprieve, and functioned as a lounge for the nearby Sci-Fi Dine in Theater for the summer.
However, it looks like the stay of execution for the Writer's Stop has finally ended, as this location will be officially closing on September 26, 2016. And while this is certainly sad for fans of this lesser-known spot at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the good news is that the iconic carrot cake cookie will continue to be available at the Sweet Spells snack location on Sunset Boulevard.
2. Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge begins "Kuamsha" breakfast service
Earlier this week Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge began offering "Kuamsha" breakfast service. In case you are wondering, "Kuamsha" means “to awaken with” in Swahili and reflects some of the more unique menu items that will be available as part of this new offering, which will be available for morning diners from 7:00AM - 10:00 AM. Here is the full menu:
Grab and Go Menu
- Choice of freshly baked muffins, pastries, and croissants
- Warm ceylon cinnamon rolls
- Banana Bread with house made chocolate hazelnut spread
- African breakfast cereal with brown sugar and raisins
- Boerewors sausage and egg bobotie pie
- Yogurt parfaits
- Whole Fruit
- Assorted cereal
- Coffee and hot tea
- Juice and milk
Casual Dining – Quick Service Menu
- Savannah Platter – Two farm fresh eggs any style, tomato chutney, Tanzanian hash browns and bacon
- Bore Breakfast – Two farm fresh eggs any style, tomato chutney, Tanzanian hash browns, Boerewors sausage and bacon
- Safari Waffle – Waffle topped with seasonal berries and chai whipped cream
- Sunrise Sandwich – Egg, ham, and cheddar cheese served on a croissant
- Fruit Sosatie – Quinoa and dried fruit salad
- Kids Explorer Platter – One farm fresh egg any style, hash browns, and bacon
- Kids Mickey Waffle – Two Mickey waffles and bacon