This week at Walt Disney World, Summer 2016's crop of new attractions get opening dates, a replacement show is announced for Disney's Animal Kingdom plus a whole bunch of menu items are confirmed for gourmet food kiosks coming soon to Disney Springs
Outside Walt Disney World, price hikes come to annual passes at Universal Orlando Resort, a new dining location debuts, plus two adorable new additions join the lineup at Busch Gardens Tampa.
1. Jungle Book: Alive With Magic to debut on Memorial Day
Beginning this Memorial Day, Discovery River at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will become the stage for a limited-time temporary show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film The Jungle Book. This new show, entitled Jungle Book: Alive with Magic, will feature music and special effects that recall the visuals of new film as well as classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence. This show will be performed several times nightly as the park shifts to evening operations, staying open most nights until 11:00PM
2. Tiffins to open next month
In support of the new extended schedule at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, new table service restaurant Tiffins will be welcoming its first diners next month. Disney has said that the restaurant will be open by Memorial Day, but its possible that there could be a preview period a few days before then as this restaurant gets ready for full-time operations.
3. Opening dates announced for summer attractions
This week was a big one for attraction announcements, as Disney confirmed opening dates for a number of new attractions, including Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire, Frozen Ever After, and Soarin’ Around the World. You can check out the full list of opening dates here.
4. Alice Through the Looking Glass preview hits One Man’s Dream
It looks like One Man’s Dream is going to continue to be the film preview center of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as it has been confirmed that once the Jungle Book preview concludes its run in a few days it will be replaced by another film preview. Beginning May 6th, guests can catch an extended preview of Alice Through the Looking Glass, ahead of its May 27th wide release date.
5. Menu items announced for new Disney Springs food kiosks
Disney Springs has announced a number of gourmet kiosks will open next month with highly specialized menus that will serve a number of delectible items on a daily basis. Here’s a sampling of what guests can expect from these fun new dining locations:
Aristocrepes: This whimsical kiosk will offer a number of sweet and savory stuffed crepes, including:
- Beef with horseradish cream, red onion, baby spinach and sharp Cheddar
- Vegetarian with pickled beets, goat cheese, candied pecans and baby greens;
- Turkey with Brie, dried cranberries and Dijon spread
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese, capers, onion and “everything bagel” topping.
- S’mores crepe with marshmallow cream, chocolate sauce and graham cracker crumbs
- Banana with Nutella and salted caramel
- Key lime cheesecake with white chocolate and chiffon crouton
- Strawberries Romanoff with Chantilly cream and strawberries.
The Daily Poutine: As the name implies, this kiosk will feature gourmet twists on the Canadian French fry dish. Here are four confirmed poutine varieties that will be on hand at launch:
- Classic, with beef poutine gravy and Cheddar cheese curds
- Latin with fried yucca, black beans, pulled pork and queso fresco
- Italian with Bocconcino mozzarella and Bolognese sauce
- French with mushroom cream sauce and Gruyere cheese
B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co: This kiosk will features artisanal sausages with unique toppings including:
- The Three Little Pigs features a trio of sausages each with different toppings: Reuben, bacon-wrapped with black bean salsa and chili cheese
- Portuguese sausage with pickled vegetable slaw and chili mustard
- Sweet hot sausage with peppers, onions and marinara
- Bavarian sausage sandwich with a mini-meterwurst, braised red cabbage and spicy brown mustard on a pretzel roll
- Italian veggie sausage with peppers, onions and marinara. Cool off with a draft beer or fountain soda.
The Daily Poutine and B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co. will open with Disney Springs Town Center on May 15, and Aristocrepes will open a week later on May 22.