SeaWorld will celebrate its 50th anniversary with a string of special events at its marine life parks from March 2014 through summer 2015.
The "Sea of Surprises" celebrations will span SeaWorld San Diego, SeaWorld Orlando and SeaWorld San Antonio, and are designed to mark the opening of SeaWorld San Diego (the chain's first park) in 1964. The 18-month-long period will feature new shows, animal encounters and prizes for guests.
Kicking off on March 21, 2014, the "Sea of Suprises" will include the elements below:
- The debut of the new Explorer's Reef entrance area at SeaWorld San Diego in March 2014.
- "Surprise" encounters with marine creatures throughout the day.
- A SeaWorld "Surprise Squad", which will roam the parks giving away gifts and prizes.
- Giant sea life sculptures, which will be installed throughout the parks.
- New smartphone and tablet applications, the details of which are yet to be revealed.
Full details and updates on the "Sea of Surprises" can be found on the official SeaWorld website.