We're delighted to announce the launch of a much-improved version of Theme Park Tourist, including a new, mobile-friendly site, a friendly discussion forum, tons of new content and unique, printable park guides.
After a lot of hard work over the past few months, we're really excited about finally sharing the improvements with our loyal readers. We think they'll make a real difference to your experience of browsing the site, and greatly enhance your ability to plan your next theme park visit. Here's a run-down of what we've added:
- TPT Mobile - if you're visiting Theme Park Tourist on a smartphone, you'll notice that we've greatly optimised the interface for the platform. As well as providing easy access to all the latest news, in-depth features and special offers, the format also transforms the usefulness of our theme park guides. It's now really easy to check ratings, reviews and essential information for rides and restaurants while you're actually in a park - and to add your own views.
- TPT Plus - since we launched our guides to 90+ theme parks last year, we've received frequent requests for the ability to download and print them. We're thrilled to announce that you can now gain access to what is effectively the most extensive, up-to-date theme park guide book in the world for just $5 for a full year (if you sign up by April 30, 2013). Even better, you'll be helping us to maintain this unique, world-leading resource for years to come. With full guides to every major theme park in Florida, California, the UK, Europe, Australia and Asia, we've got you covered!
- TPT Forum - over the last few years, we've done our best to respond to the many requests for help and guidance that we receive via e-mail. Ultimately, though, we've been looking for a way to enable our readers to interact with each other, as well as with us, allowing them to benefit from the vast collective knowledge on offer. We're very hopeful that our new forum will be the answer. Rather than using a complicated forum platform, we've gone with a simple design that aims to make it easy to ask a question or stoke up a discussion, and to filter out conversations that you're not interested in. Join the discussion now - the writer of the best post of the month will win a £20 Amazon voucher!
- Facebook Connect - to prevent spam, we require users to login in order to add reviews of rides and to join in on the discussion forum. Naturally, this acts as a barrier - who wants to go through the hassle of entering details and confirming e-mail addresses? Well, now you don't have to - you can simply login using your existing Facebook account details. It only takes seconds!
- New writers - you can expect to see loads of new content on Theme Park Tourist this summer. We have literally dozens of great, in-depth articles lined-up, including "insider reviews" of classic attractions written by the workers that used to operate them, regular photo updates from Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Disneyland, an in-depth history of Alton Towers, and lots of "top 10" lists.
- Exclusive Orlando theme park ticket discounts - we've teamed up with DWTickets, the web's leading provider of cheap tickets for Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando, to offer an exclusive discount for Theme Park Tourist readers. Head over to our dedicated page to take advantage (you'll need to enter our unique code, "TPTFAN", to receive the discount), and don't forget to read our guide to finding cut-price tickets for parks in other parts of the world, too. Plus, don't miss your chance to win a $200 voucher from DWTickets!
- Park of the Month - every month, we'll focus on a specific theme park, providing detailed run-downs of the best rides and restaurants it has to offer, advice from experts on how to make the most of your visit, and debates on the forum.
- Monthly competitions - we're excited to confirm the return of our monthly competitions. There'll be some really stunning prizes on offer - see below for details of your chance to win this month!
To celebrate the launch of the updated Theme Park Tourist and our new partnership with DWTickets, we're thrilled to offer you the chance to win a $200 gift voucher from DWTickets. This can be spent on any tickets for Florida theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando, as well as on tickets for dinners shows and other entertainment offerings. For a chance to make a real difference to your budget for your next Florida trip, follow our instructions to enter now!
Thanks for reading Theme Park Tourist, and feel free to contact us if you have any tips or suggestions for how to improve the site further.