In 2013, we plan to expand our coverage of theme parks around the world with a series of in-depth reviews of new attractions. To help us achieve this, we're looking to recruit enthusiastic, talented writers in the US, UK and Australia to review rides for us on a freelance basis.
In exchange for writing a 1500-2000 word review and providing some photos, we'll pay you $30. You won't get rich, but will you get the chance to share your thoughts on a new attraction with the world.
The attractions and events we're aiming to cover are listed below. Ideally, we're looking for writers who are local to the parks in question, but if you're planning a trip to any of the parks on or around the opening date of a new ride, we'd love to know.
- Alton Towers - The Smiler
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Wallce & Gromit's Thrill-O-Matic
- California's Great America - Gold Striker
- Cedar Point - GateKeeper
- Disney's Magic Kingdom - A Pirate's Adventure
- Disneyland - Mickey and the Magical Map
- Silver Dollar City - Outlaw Run
- Six Flags Great Adventure - Safari Off Road Adventure
- Six Flags Magic Mountain - Full Throttle
- Six Flags Over Texas - Texas SkyScreamer
- Universal Studios Hollywood - Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Universal Studios Florida - Transformers: The Ride
- Sea World - The Storm
Interested? Get in touch and let us know who you are, which attractions you might be able to review, and if you have any relevant writing experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Don't forget that we're also recruiting for several other writing positions.