The Universal Orlando Resort has finally confirmed full details of its Halloween Horror Nights 2012 events, which will feature a range of new and returning attractions.
Details of many of the horror mazes that will be hosted at the events had already been revealed by Universal Orlando, but the resort has now clarified the full line-up. This will include a total of seven haunted houses and two live shows, as well as a "park-wide" scare zone that will see a variety of ghouls terrorize guests. As usual, these will all be hosted in the Universal Studios Florida theme park.
An official trailer for Halloween Horror Nights 2012, offering brief glimpses at some of the attractions, is embedded below:
The full line-up of walkthrough haunted houses that will feature at Halloween Horror Nights 2012 includes:
- Penn & Teller New(kd) in Las Vegas - inspired by magicians Penn & Teller, this maze will be based on the duo's real-life performances in the gambling hotspot. The backstory for the attraction will see the pair accidentally triggering a nuclear explosion in the city, with 3D effects being used to help scare those guests that dare to explore it.
- Universal’s House of Horrors - a number of characters and monsters from iconic Universal-produced horror movies will feature in a maze that sees them leap out of the silver screen.
- Welcome to Silent Hill - based on Konami's Silent Hill video game series, this maze will include recreations of a number of iconic locations from the fictional town of Silent Hill, as well as creepy characters that will be familiar to fans of the series.
- The Walking Dead: Dead Inside - based on popular TV series The Walking Dead. The maze will feature a number of scenes that will be recognizable to fans of the programme, and will be populated by horses of the "undead".
- Dead End - will depict the mysterious Hartford Mansion, which has been struck by a terrible curse.
- Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare - set inside the legendary rocker's mind, this maze sees guests follow Steven, a character featured in a number of Cooper's videos, who is tormented by a variety of imaginary horrors.
- Gothic - a new maze set in the Catedral de Caementum Animus, which is undergoing refurbishment. Stone gargoyles come to life and "protect" it against intruders.
Rather than offering individual scare zones, as it has in previous years, Universal Orlando is instead promising a "completely reinvented street experience", in which the entire park will effectively be one enormous scare zone. Vampires, warriors, prisoners and other beasts will be on hand to frighten guests, in a concept that has been pursued in previous years by Busch Gardens Williamsburg at its Howl-O-Scream events.
The two live shows will be the returning Bill & Ted's Halloween Adventure, and the all-new 20 Penny Circus. The latter show will feature "magic for people with questionable taste", and is likely to include a variety of gory tricks.
Alongside the dedicated horror attractions, a number of Universal Studios Florida's most popular rides will also operate during the evening events. This will include Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, The Simpsons Ride, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Revenge of the Mummy and Men in Black: Alien Attack.
The hugely popular Halloween Horror Night celebrations will take place on September 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 30 and October 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31. Universal is offering a diverse range of ticket options for the event, all of which are detailed on the official Halloween Horror Nights website.