The Disneyland Resort Paris has kicked off its Enchanted Christmas 2011 events, which will run through to January 8, 2012.
As in previous years, more than 1,000,000 lights have been used to light up the resort, with up to 400,000 being added to Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland Park. A number of special Christmas attractions and shows are hosted at the resort, with the majority taking place in Disneyland Park rather than neighbouring Walt Disney Studios.
The Enchanted Christmas 2011 line-up includes a number of elements that were also included in 2010's events. The full line-up includes:
- Decorations and illuminations - the resort lights up at night with a stunning array of lights. In addition, fake snow falls on Main Street, USA every day.
- Christmas meet-and-greets - guests have the chance to meet their favourite Disney characters, decked out in their festive best.
- Mickey's Winter Wonderland - a special musical featuring a host of Disney characters that is returning for another season. The show takes place in the Chaparral Theater, and includes winter music, ice skating and spectacular scenery.
- Meet Santa Claus - Santa himself will greet guests in his Christmas Village in Disneyland Park.
- Christmas parades - a nightly parade at Disneyland Park features classic Disney characters, princesses and Santa and his elves.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony - every evening, one child will be selected to join Mickey, Minnie and the gang in lighting the giant Christmas tree in Disneyland Park. This is followed by Princess Aurora's Christmas Wish, which ends with the illumination of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
The images below, released by the Disney Parks Blog, show off the Enchanted Christmas 2011 festivities at Disneyland Paris so far:
Theme Park Tourist will be attending Enchanted Christmas 2011 at Disneyland Paris and will bring you photos, video and reviews from the event. You can also check out our review of last year's events, plus a number of photos of Disneyland Paris buried under several inches of snow.