The Universal Orlando Resort has revealed the full line-up of new horror mazes and scare zones for 2011's Halloween Horror Nights events.
The events will take place at Universal Studios Florida on selected dates between September 23 and October 31, 2011. As usual, the 21st version of the event to be held at the park will offer a diverse range of attractions. These are only available as part of a separately-ticketed evening event, with a range of ticket options available from the official Halloween Horror Nights website.
The video below features Universal Show Director Patrick Braillard, who provides details of the eight new haunted houses and six new scare zones that will feature at the events:
Full details of the haunted houses, scare zones and shows that will be found at the event are given below.
- Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - offer guests the chance to step into the mind of Edgar Allan Poe, bringing his greatest, most insane works to life.
- The Forsaken - based around Columbus' voyage to the Americas, with the crew of a lost 4th ship returning to terrorize a Spanish fort.
- H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror - featuring the titular host presenting a "holiday SCARE-athon".
- The Thing - based on the remake of the original 1982 film, which is due to be released on October 14, 2011. Like the movie, it will focus on an abandoned scientific research facility in Antarctica, which is occupied by an alien creature that can take the form of any living being.
- Saws N' Steam: Into The Machine - will see guests entering into the depths of a frightening machine.
- The In-Between - set in another dimension populated by terrifying creatures.
- Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorne Cemetery - based in a snow-covered gothic cemetery, where not all the occupants are resting in peace.
- Nightingale's: Blood Prey - sees guests being hunted by "savage banshees" as they patrol WWI trenches.
- Acid Assault - challenges guests to explore a city that has been devastated by acid rain, as have its deformed occupants.
- Canyon of Dark Souls - set in a canyon populated by mysterious creatures.
- Grown Evil - an overgrown garden hosts a variety of evil creatures.
- Nightmaze - a pitch-black maze that morphs and changes as guests walk through it.
- Your Luck Just Ran Out - Lady Luck presides over a deadly game of chance, in which participants' choices will determine if they make it out alive.
- 7 - populated by 7 tempresses, who take on "fatal" forms.
- Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure - returning for another year, sees the two heros satirize entertainment icons and pop culture.
- Death Drums - a new "seductive, hard-hitting" drumming experience, with 3 different shows nightly.
The Universal Orlando Resort's hugely popular Halloween celebrations will be held on September 23, 24, 29, 30 and October 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31. Full details can be found on the official Halloween Horror Nights website.