Cedar Point has become the latest theme park to launch an official mobile application, releasing a free interactive guide to the park for iPhone and Android devices.
The MyPark application can be downloaded from Apple's App Store and from the Android Market, and provides a range of tools designed to enhance visitors' days out at Cedar Point. This includes a location-enabled park map, which enables guests to find attractions and amenities easily.
Features of the official Cedar Point iPhone and Android applications include:
- Park map - interactive park map, showing guests their current location in the park.
- Key information - prices, hours and directions to the park.
- Attraction and dining details - full information on rides and shows, including height restrictions, plus details of restaurant menus.
- Car locator - uses the device's GPS capability to help guide guests back to their car.
- Friend Finder - enables users to keep track of other members of their group in the park.
For those without an iPhone or Android device, Cedar Point has also launched a new mobile website at mypark.cedarpoint.com. The site offers a streamlined view of the information available on the park's full website, such as directions, pricing and event listings.
Speaking of the new app and mobile website, Cedar Point's interactive marketing coordinator Rebecca Baker said: "As mobile technologies have improved, more and more of our guests are using their phones to access information about the park. It was important to make sure they had a convenient and effective way to find the information they need. With the new mobile website and smartphone app, we have made it easier to find information, save time and make their visit to the park more enjoyable."
Have you tried Cedar Point's official app on your iPhone or Android device? Let us know what you think of it through the comments section below.