The Universal Resort will host a special "Celebration of the Harry Potter films" in November 2011, enabling fans to meet cast members and filmmakers.
The event will take place from November 11-13 at the Islands of Adventure theme park, which hosts the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The number of guests at the event will be limited, and those hoping to attend will have to purchase a special vacation package. Prices start at $369 per person for a 4-night, 3-day stay.
Hosted by Warner Bros, the production company which owns the rights to the Harry Potter movies, the celebrations will offer a range of exclusive benefits to those willing to pay for the vacation packages. This includes:
- An evening gala including appearances by cast members, hosted in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Autograph signing sessions with yet-to-be-confirmed stars from the movies.
- Q&A sessions with the filmmakers behind the movies, as well as with the creators of the Wizarding World.
- Screenings of the eight Harry Potter movies at Universal CityWalk's AMC Universal Cineplex (the cost of which is not included in the vacation packages).
Two vacation packages are available, each of which offers slightly different benefits:
- Celebration Vacation Package - starts at $369 per person, and includes 4 nights accommodation at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus 3 days admission to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida. It also provides access to one in-park Harry Potter Q&A session with filmmakers, plus a Harry Potter Blu-Ray set.
- Premier Vacation Package - starts at $699 per person, and includes all of the benefits of the Celebration Vacation Package. In addition, it provides access to one Harry Potter cast member autograph session, plus admission to the nighttime gala event in the Wizarding World on Sunday, November 13. Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks restaurant is also included.
Full details of the Harry Potter celebrations can be found on the Universal Orlando Resort website.