Busch Gardens Williamsburg will begin its Christmas Town 2010 events on November 26, with the park being transformed into "holiday wonderland".
The celebrations will take place on November 26, 27 and 28 and December 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17-24 and 26-31. The events run from 3-10pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, although the park will close at 9pm on November 28 and December 5, 12 and 24. On December 31, a special fireworks show at 10pm will round out the Christmas Town events.
Now in its second year having been introduced in 2009, Christmas Town will be expanded to incorporate the Italy area of Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time. An official preview video for the festive events can be seen below:
A number of special attractions and shows will be in operation at Busch Gardens Williamsburg during the holiday period, including:
- Highland stables - located in the Scotland area of the park, the stables allow guests to meet animals including Clydesdales, Border Collies and Black Face Sheep.
- Mistletoe Marketplace - located in Germany, guests can buy hand-made gifts from this festive outdoor market.
- Polar Pathway - an "ice-filled wonderland" featuring bright lights, falling snow and an encounter with live penguins, located in the France area of the park.
- Santa's Workshop - guests can meet-and-greet Father Christmas himself in his workshop.
A number of shows will also entertain guests at the Christmas Town events:
- Deck the Halls - a musical show located in Das Festhaus.
- Miracles - an all-new show featuring live vocalists and an ensemble of dancers, in Italy's San Marco theater.
- O Tannenbaum - a light show based around the park's giant 50-foot Christmas tree.
- Rejoice - a musical show in Ireland, featuring moving imagery, choral harmonies and a full orchestra.
- A Sesame Street Christmas - a child-friendly show featuring Abby Cadabby, in England's Globe Theater.
Guests booking in advance can also enjoy dinner with Santa Claus and Mrs Claus at Santa's Fireside Feast.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg operates a limited selection of its permanent attractions during Christmas Town events. This year, popular attractions such as the Curse of DarKastle and Europe in the Air are among the line-up.
Full details of Busch Gardens Williamsburg's holiday celebrations can be found on the official Christmas Town website.