Disneyland Paris has released an official application for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch devices, which includes the ability to view live attraction wait times when in the park.
The application is designed to act as both a brochure for guests planning a trip to the resort, and as an interactive guide for those who have already arrived. It includes information about the resort's two theme parks and its on-site hotels, along with show schedules and maps of the parks. The app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store.
Unusually, the application is designed to be used only in landscape mode, a restriction that is commonly associated with video games. It is expected to be updated to cover special events such as the Enchanted Christmas celebrations, but will launch with a range of core features.
Prior the visiting the parks, users of the Disneyland Paris iPhone application can:
- View key resort information - including opening hours for Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios, show schedules and details of resort hotels.
- Check prices and special offers - with the ability to directly contact the resort's reservation office.
- See recommended itineraries - the app will suggest an itinerary based on the guest's preferences.
- Watch videos - of the parks' attractions.
Once at the resort, guests can:
- View live attraction wait times - guests will be able to check how the queue is for any attraction in the park in real-time.
- Set alarms - for instance, to remind them that a show is about to begin.
- Use augmented reality maps - this will allow guests to point the iPhone's camera at landmarks in the parks, causing information about the attractions to pop-up on screen.
- Search for attractions or restaurants - including the ability to filter rides by type or restaurants by price.
At the time of writing, the Disneyland Paris iPhone application had received 21 reviews on the UK iPhone App Store, with users giving it an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars.