Walt Disney World has significantly increased rental prices for lockers, wheelchairs and scooters at its theme parks and water parks.
The steepest raises are at Disney's water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach), where a small locker will now cost $8 dollars per day - an increase of some 60%. Wheelchair rental prices are up 20% at $12 per day, while the cost of hiring an electric scooter is up 11% to $50 per day.
The updated prices are outlined below (note that the refundable deposits are unchanged):
- Single day rental (theme parks) - $12/day, no deposit (previously $10/day)
- Length of stay rental (theme parks) - $10/day, no deposit
- Single day rental (Downtown Disney) - $12/day, $100 deposit (previously $10/day)
- Length of stay rental (Downtown Disney) - $10/day, $100 deposit
- Single day rental - $50/day, $20 deposit (previously $45/day)
- Small locker, theme parks - $7/day, $5 deposit (previously $5/day)
- Large locker, theme parks - $9/day, $5 deposit (previously $7/day)
- Small locker, water parks - $8/day, $5 deposit (previously $5/day)
- Large locker, water parks - $10/day,$5 deposit (previously $7/day)
Walt Disney World has raised a number of prices recently as it seeks to increase its profit margins following a poor set of financial results this quarter. Ticket prices were raised in July, while parking charges have also recently been pushed higher.