A display at Six Flags America has revealed official details of the Thomas Town expansion coming to the park for 2010.
The area, themed on the popular Thomas the Tank Engine characters, is set to open next Spring. Six Flags has previously claimed the new area will feature some 10 new attractions, and the display reveals the identity of 5 of these.
The new attractions confirmed so far are:
- Thomas train ride - themed around Thomas the Tank Engine himself.
- Harold the Helicopter - a Zamperla Mini-Jet ride.
- Sodor Carnival Ferris Wheel - as featured in the Thomas TV show.
- Diesel Engine ride - a diesel-themed version of the Zamperla Convoy ride (as seen at Hersheypark).
- Tower ride - a version of the Zamperla's children's tower ride.
Images of the Thomas Town display can be found over at SFAfans.com.
Thomas Towns have appeared at other Six Flags parks, but with 10 attractions the Six Flags America version would appear to be most ambitious yet.
You can keep an eye on the opening dates for new attractions over at Theme Park Tourist's "New Attraction Watch".