Formerly housed at Geauga Lake, this 1926 Illions Supreme carousel is one of just five such attractions ever built and one of only two still in operation. The park spent $2 million on renovating the carousel and moving Festhaus, its largest catering facility, to make room for it.
The carousel was built in 1926 by M.C. Illions, who hand-carved 64 jumping horses and two chariots for riders to sit on. After a short stint at the Sesqui-Centennial Celebration held in Philadelphia in 1926, it was moved to Birmingham Alabama, before being being relocated again to New York's Coney Island to undergo restoration work. It operated at Geauga Lake from 1937 to 2007, before Cedar Fair (which owns both the Geauga Lake and Worlds of Fun) announced that the park would operate solely as a water park from then on.
Carousel Works, Inc. was responsible for restoring the Illions Supreme before its installation at Worlds of Fun. The full restoration and installation of the ride was covered on the Ultimate Restorations TV show.