Originally built and managed by Texas oil tycoon Jack Wrather in 1955, the Disneyland Hotel was finally acquired by Disney in 1989. While it was downsized to enable expansion of the Disneyland Resort in 1999, it has since undergone a major overhaul that has improved both its room and its pool facilities. It is linked to Disneyland's Tomorrowland by a monorail line. Today, the Disneyland Hotel bares little resemblance to the original, Wrather-owned property. Two new dining locations opened in May 2011, dubbed Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar, and the updated E-Ticket, D-Ticket and Monorail pools have also been completed. More recently a water play area with two towering monorail waterslides has been added.