In this brand new series, we dissect the true tales of some of the most astounding rides at theme parks around the globe; living legends that exemplify the brilliance, storytelling, and technology of leading parks. We’ll look behind-the-ride to get the full, unabridged story of these modern wonders and examine how their success is all in the details.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man: The Inside "SCOOP"
- Carousel of Progress: From the World's Fair to Walt Disney World
- Country Bear Jamboree: Marc Davis, Mineral King, and the Magic Kingdom
- DINOSAUR: Inside Animal Kingdom's Prehistoric Pandemonium
- The Enchanted Tiki Room: Walt Disney's Tropical Serenade
- Expedition Everest: Scaling Disney’s Most Legendary Peak
- Frozen Ever After: Epcot's World (Showcase) Changing Dark Ride
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Behind the Legend of the Forbidden Eye
- Journey to the Center of the Earth: Unearthing Disney’s Best Dark Ride Ever
- Mystic Manor: A Monkey, a Music Box, and an Imagineering Masterpiece
- Phantom Manor: Paris’ One-of-a-Kind Haunted Mansion
- Radiator Springs Racers: The Road to the Ride that Saved California Adventure
- Remy's Ratatouille Adventure: From Disneyland Paris to Epcot's France
- Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride: Universal’s Mummified Marvel
- Space Mountain: How Disney's Interstellar Ride was Launched
- Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySea: Tokyo's One-of-a-Kind Thriller
- TRON Lightcycle Power Run: Inside The Grid
Forget legends. This series is a growing collection of missteps, flops, failures, and "disasters." Embarrassing overlays, broken technologies, and tone-deaf "upgrades" that led to some seriously regrettable rides, attractions, and even parks. We'll explore the before-during-and-after of these unusual and unfortunate stories, see where they went wrong and what can make them right.
- Backstage Studio Tour: How The Ride Meant to Headline the Disney-MGM Studios Killed It Instead
- DINOLAND, U.S.A.: Digging Deeper into Disney World's "Worst Land Ever"
- Disaster Transport: The Disney Knockoff Coaster That Changed Cedar Point Forever
- DisneyQuest: How Disney’s Plans to Bring Its Theme Parks Closer To YOU Crashed and Burned
- Disney California Adventure: How Disneyland's Second Gate Crashed, Burned, and was Reborn
- Drachen Fire: The Short Life of Busch Gardens’ Nightmare Franken-Coaster
- Enchanted Tiki Room: “New Management” Almost Closed This Walt Original
- Europe in the Air: Grounding Busch Gardens' Soarin' Simulator
- FastPass+: How Disney's Virtual Queue was Born, Broken, and Could Work Again
- Journey into YOUR Imagination: The Cringeworthy Story Behind the Ride Epcot Fans Hated
- Journey to Atlantis: How SeaWorld’s Attempt at Disney Dark Ride Storytelling Sank
- Poseidon's Fury: The Waterlogged Tale of Universal's Mythical Mess
- Rocket Rods and Tomorrowland 1998: Why Disney’s Most Disastrous Ride Ever Literally Didn’t Work
- Stitch’s Great Escape! The Tragic Tale of Disney’s “Worst Attraction Ever”
- Superstar Limo: The Disastrous Disney Ride That Lasted Only One Year
- TH13TEEN: The Unlucky Story of the World's Biggest Coaster Let-Down
- Walt Disney Studios: How Disney’s Parisian Movie Park Became a Box Office Bomb
This series explores never-built attractions, lands, and theme parks and examines the parks we know and love if things had been done differently. Possibilityland is growing as we explore the in-depth stories behind these never-built attractions that could've changed everything if they'd ended up coming to life.
- Beastly Kingdom: The Imagined Land Animal Kingdom Almost Had
- Discovery Bay: The Eccentric Tale of Disneyland’s Inventive Lost Land
- Disney's America: Inside Eisner's Abandoned Patriotic Park
- Enchanted Snow Palace: Inside the Icy Could-Be Classic
- Epcot’s Project – GEMINI: Disney’s Secret Plans to Transform Epcot
- Muppet Studios: Disney’s Inspirational, Celebrational, Muppetational Never-Built Backlot
- Never-Built "Mountains": Disney's Most Perilous Possible Peaks
- Possibilityland: A Walk Through the Disneyland That Never Was
- Tomorrowland 2055: The Future Disneyland Almost Had (And the Failure It Got Instead)
- Walt Disney World: A Tour Through the "Possibility World" That Almost Was
- Magic Kingdom – 7 Almost-E-Tickets from the Most Magical Place on Earth
- EPCOT - 8 Pavilions That Only Exist in an Alternate Reality Future World
- WESTCOT Center: The Never-Built Park That Would've Changed Disneyland Forever
- Western River Expedition: The Would-Be E-Ticket That Could’ve Changed Magic Kingdom
Sorry to reply to myself but I forgot one - Astroworld in Houston. It started as Texas's answer to Disneyland, became one of the pillars of the Six Flags parks, then was shuttered & demolished for VERY short-sighted reasons. It's definitely a Lost Legend.
I recall a couple of other articles that would fit here. One was on River Country, and the other was on Wet n' Wild.