Do you have a Disney vacation on the horizon? Gear up to make the most of your time in the parks by adding a little extra magic to the days leading up to your vacation. Whether you’re just weeks away, or planning months in advance, these tricks will add Disney excitement to the time leading into your vacation.
Host themed dinner and movie nights
Schedule a special movie night for the family every weekend leading up to your vacation. Screen a beloved Disney film together and enjoy a delicious dinner that’s themed to the movie. Snag a few of these ideas, or brainstorm your own:
- Moana: Coconut shrimp, pulled pork sliders, tropical fruit salad, and green swirled “Heart of Te Fiti” cookies
- Tangled: Rapunzel’s favorite hazelnut soup, breadstick braids, and Maximus’s apples cooked with sugar and cinnamon in a cast iron skillet
- Winnie the Pooh: Piglets in a blanket, Rabbit’s garden veggies, and honey bear cookies
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Cannon ball meatballs, seashell pasta salad, pirate sword veggie kabobs, and chocolate gold coins
- The Princess and the Frog: Tiana’s gumbo, swamp water green fruit punch and beignets
With a little creativity, the options are endless, whether you’re exploring traditional Scottish fare to watch Brave or trying Chinese food while you watch Mulan. After each movie, you can talk about how you look forward to meeting the film’s characters at meet and greets, seeing them in parades, or riding their attractions.
Create fun attraction crafts
Gear up for your favorite Disney attractions by having a few craft afternoons leading up to your vacation. For younger children who are first-time visitors, these crafts are a good way to introduce the idea of various rides and emphasize how attractions are like life-size craft projects – and certainly nothing to be afraid of. Try these projects:
- Make a hatbox ghost paper craft
- Craft safari binoculars for Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Try making an origami Millennium Falcon
- Create Finding Nemo (or Dory) envelope puppets
As your fridge fills with fanciful Disney themed crafts, you’re sure to feel the anticipation build for your upcoming adventure.