This is the weekly news, rumors and refurbishments update for Walt Disney World for the week of August 24, 2014.
Here are the six biggest updates from around the resort for the past seven days…
1. A new Starbucks location will be opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2015
The Starbucks will be named The Trolley Car Café and is replacing the former L.A. Cinema Shop. The Trolley Car Café will be themed as a, you guessed it, trolley car station along Hollywood Boulevard. It is located on the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard.
2. The Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party will be getting an upgrade this October
We’re pumping up the party now, but not for long. The Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party will soon be upgraded and be rebranded as the Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party. Rolls right off the tongue, doesn’t it?
Anyway, the party will feature new music as the floats parade down Main Street. The “Play it!” aspect begins when the guests decides between one of three current hits to be part of the show.
The floats are also getting refurbished between now and then (you may see a float or two missing at a time). The new show is expected to debut in early October and there will be no down time between the current Street Party and the new one.
3. The monorail schedule will be changing starting September 1
The Walt Disney World Monorail will have a new operating schedule between September 1 and September 26.
- The Magic Kingdom Resort beam will operate from 8:30am to 11:00pm or 12:00am (midnight) on Halloween Party nights.
- The Magic Kingdom Express beam will operate from 9:30am to one hour after Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
- The Epcot beam will operate from 9:00am to 11:00pm