This is the weekly news, rumors and refurbishments update for Walt Disney World for the week of June 1, 2014.
Here are the four biggest updates from around the resort for the past seven days...
1. A new event called ‘Villains Unleashed’ is coming to Hollywood Studios August 23rd
Disney is introducing a new separate ticket event, taking place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 23rd between 8:00pm and 1:00am.
“Villains Unleashed” is for one night only and will feature more than 50 Disney villains. Some of the special entertainment for the event includes:
- Hades Hangout and Dance Party
- Oogie Boogie’s Variety Show
- Star Wars Villains Zone
- Special Food, Drinks, and Merchandise
- Fantasmic! Villain Inspired Preshow
- “Villainy in the Skies” Fireworks Spectacular
A separate ticket is required for this event (similar to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party). An adult ticket costs $67 plus tax and children costs $62 plus tax. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members can book now. Booking for the general public begins on June 9.
2. Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney is now open
Marketplace Co-Op is now open at Downtown Disney Marketplace next to Trend-D. Marketplace Co-Op has a mini mall concept, offering six different boutiques under the same roof including:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for women, featuring make-up, fragrances and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room – Vintage-inspired lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Disney Centerpiece – Home product for guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up-and-coming fashionista.
The design of Marketplace Co-Op allows for stores and concepts to be replaced providing for a different experience.