Many Disney fans dream of one day working at one of the company's theme parks - and the most likely location is often Walt Disney World, which employs more than 60,000 Cast Members. It's a romantic notion for a theme park lover - but is it really all it's cracked up to be? Over the past few months, we've conducted a series of interviews with current and former Cast Members at Walt Disney World, to understand their roles and the part that they play in "creating the magic" for guests. We'll continue to post new interviews over the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, we've collated all of the interviews below, along with a selection of other articles that offer an insight into what it's like to work at Walt Disney World.
Working on an attraction is perceived as one of the more glamorous roles at Walt Disney World. But what is it really like? Check out these interviews to find out the upsides and the downsides of manning a ride or show.
- Secrets of a Great Movie Ride Tour Guide - discover what a "hand pack" is on one of the opening day attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Secrets of a Kilimanjaro Safaris Driver - find out what drivers are supposed to do when an animal wanders into the path of a ride vehicle.
- Secrets of a Jungle Cruise Skipper - discover the dangers of wandering off-script when spieling away on a Jungle Cruise boat.
- Secrets of a Star Tours Flight Attendant - find out how Cast Members "use the force" to control unruly guests.
What's it like working in Walt Disney World's restaurants, which serve up millions of meals every year?
- Secrets of a Walt Disney World Cook - find out all about the various different roles in a Walt Disney World kitchen.
There are more than 25,000 hotel rooms on-site at Walt Disney World. Maintaining them and looking after guests requires the work of thousands of Cast Members.
- Secrets of a Walt Disney World Housekeeping Cast Member - what is it like to tidy up after thousands of Disney hotel guests?
- Secrets of a Hotel Concierge Cast Member at Walt Disney World - what are the upsides and downsides of greeting hundreds of guests every day?
General life as a Cast Member
The articles below offer an insight into what general life as Walt Disney World member is really like:
- The 5 Best and Worst Things Disney Cast Members See on a Regular Basis
- 11 Signs You're Cut Out For The Life of a Walt Disney World Cast Member
- The 5 Pet Hates of a Walt Disney World Cast Member
- The 5 Best and Worst Things About Being a Disney Cast Member
- A Cast Member's Take on the Disney Look
- 9 Strange Things That Disney Cast Members Learn To Do
Share your experiences
If you'd like to share your experiences of working at Walt Disney World, contact us and let us know!