Here's Everything Disney is Doing in Response to MASSIVE Springtime CrowdsBy Amanda Kondolojy, Thursday, April 6, 2017 05:45
Though the holiday and summer months are the main "big" traffic seasons for Walt Disney World, in recent years the Spring Break season, which lasts from mid-March to the end of April, has really come into its own as quite the busy travel season. And while we've already seen a busier than normal Spring Break season, with the Easter holiday almost upon us, crowds are expected to grow even more between now and the middle of the month. .
However, the good news here for guests planning to visit over the next few weeks is that Disney has done some interesting things over the past few weeks to try and prepare the resort for this increasingly massive influx of springtime guests.
1. The Festival of Fantasy will runs twice over the next few days
This spring marks the first time in many years that the Magic Kingdom has only had a single daily parade running, but it looks like Disney will be trying to get the most bang for their buck as they are going to start running the Festival of Fantasy Parade twice beginning on April 9th and lasting through to April 20th, 2017. Guests who want to check out this parade can now do so at noon as well as the slightly later 3:30 PM. While we're hoping that Disney brings another nighttime parade to this park sometime in the near future, for now it looks like the Festival of Fantasy is stuck doing double duty during busy seasons for the foreseeable future.
2. More character and PhotoPass additions
- New glowing lotus PhotoPass in Epcot: Just a few weeks after introducing a new PhotoPass option that allowed guests to hold the glowing lantern from Tangled in front of the Tangled Toilets at the Magic Kingdom, Disney has announced yet another prop-based photo opportunity that will only be available after dark. This time, the prop is a glowing lotus flower that guests can pose with in front of the China pavilion each evening beginning at 7:30 PM.
- BB-8 Comes to Disney's Hollywood Studios: A brand new BB-8 character experience will debut in just a few days on April 14th at the Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Daisy Duck also comes to Disney's Hollywood Studios: Though Donald Duck has been meeting guests by himself at the front of Disney’s Hollywood Studios since late last year, it looks like this character has been joined by his pal Daisy. However, these two characters are not be meeting together, as there are now two different lines in front of the Sid Cahuenga’s building at this park, meaning guests who want to meet both characters will need to wait twice.
- Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios as well: while we don't have a timeframe yet, we now know (thanks to Disney's internal audition site) that Disney will be debuting a brand new "character experience" soon involving Peter Quill and (potentially) Groot as well to promote the new Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 film, which is coming to theaters later this spring.
- The Easter Bunny comes early to the Magic Kingdom: Though the Easter Bunny always swings by the Magic Kingdom near the holiday, this character has made an early arrival at the Magic Kingdom and is now meeting guests on Main Street USA from now through April 16.