4 Exciting Things to Look Forward to at Walt Disney World This MonthBy Amanda Kondolojy, Sunday, January 1, 2017 23:30
3. Disney After Hours returns
Disney After Hours event nights will return to the Magic Kingdom later this month on January 20 and 27. Though this event was initially a dud in 2016, Disney is bringing it back this month for another trial run, but this time, at a lower price point.
Guests who want to experience this returning event this month can now do so for $119 per person for ages 3 and above, which is $30 less than its original price point. Like before, event attendees can enter the park at 7:00 PM and then stay until three hours past the scheduled park closing, all while enjoying unlimited complimentary ice cream novelties, popcorn, and soft drinks.
Only time will tell if this lower (but still quite expensive) price point will entice guests to give this event another try, but it will certainly be interesting to see if 2017 is the year Disney After Hours finally takes off.
4. The Star Wars Ultimate Tour transports guests to a galaxy far, far away
Beginning today, guests can experience the “ultimate guided tour” for Star Wars fans at Disney's Hollywood Studios. This immersive full-day experience for fans of this franchise is a seven-hour walking tour that includes the following activities:
- A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide will be on hand for the full day to answer questions, lead discussions, and keep guests on schedule.
- Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, no FastPass+ reservation required
- The chance to meet two Star Wars characters (currently Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at the Star Wars Launch Bay
- An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay that includes additional facts and information about exhibits
- Screening of the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi film
- A quick service dinner at Backlot Express, which will include a drink, a side, dessert, and a Star Wars-inspired entree item
- Admission to the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party as well as guaranteed viewing for the nighttime spectacular
- A reserved spot for guests 4-12 interested in participating in the interactive Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple show.
This new upcharge experience costs $129 per person, and is available weekly on both Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017.
Are you excited to check out any of these new experiences in January?