Disney hints at opening date for Magic Kingdom's Seven Dwarfs Mine TrainSubmitted by Nick Sim on Friday, February 14, 2014 11:24
Walt Disney World has scheduled a 3-day media event, during which it will show off a host of new additions - most notably, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster at the Magic Kingdom.
Rumors have pointed to a May grand opening date for the new coaster, which will headline the expanded New Fantasyland area. The dates for the media event, which will take place from April 30 - May 2, 2014, strongly suggest that the ride is expected to be operational by then. It may even be open to the public, as part of a "soft opening" period.
We'll have to wait and see. But Disney will want its big new ride up-and-running to show off to the world's media, along with its MyMagic+ system and the Festival of Fantasy Parade (due to debut in March).
Earlier this week, Disney took down some of the construction walls that surround the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train site, offering fans a closer glimpse at the ride.
Want to find out more about Disney's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? Check out these articles:
- 7 scenes to look forward to in Disney's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- 7 fun facts about Disney's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: The Complete Guide
You can keep up to date with the latest confirmed and rumored opening dates for new attractions through Theme Park Tourist's "New Attraction Watch" section, and by signing up for our weekly newsletter.
Universal Orlando: The Unofficial Story - fully updated for 2014!
Heading to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando?
If you're planning a vacation to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando, be sure to check out the following resources to help you save money:
- View our listings of all the latest Walt Disney World discounts.
- See the latest offers for the Universal Orlando Resort.
- Get a FREE quote for your Orlando vacation from Destinations in Florida, who will guarantee the best package price.