Thorpe Park introduces The Passing horror maze for Fright Nights 2012 Halloween eventsSubmitted by Nick Sim on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 08:17
Thorpe Park has revealed details of the new horror maze that will feature at its Fright Nights 2012 Halloween events, dubbing it "The Passing".
Unlike the other four mazes that will feature in the Fright Nights 2012 line-up, The Passing will carry an additional surcharge of £3 per person. Its major gimmick will be that guests will be "dead", having their heads covered by hessian body bags before taking a walk through the "afterlife".
The backstory for The Passing will see guests becoming notorious criminals, and being sentenced to death. They will then be "bagged and tagged", ready to be buried. Finally, they will have to make their way to their "final resting place", facing a number of horrors along the way.
Fright Nights 2012 will be the eleventh version of the Halloween celebrations to be held at Thorpe Park. As in previous years, a range of temporary horror mazes will be on offer, with the park's major attractions remaining open until 9pm.
The Passing will replace Se7en, which will not return for 2012. The rest of the Fright Nights 2012 line-up has also been confirmed, with the remainder of the mazes returning from previous years:
- Experiment 10 - introduced in 2011. Guests enter a government test lab, where an experiment has taken a turn for the worse.
- The Curse - set in a wrecked ship which has "washed ashore" in the Amity Cove area of the park.
- The Asylum - set in a maze of chicken wire fencing, with escaped mental patients terrorising guests.
- SAW Alive - the park's former year-round horror maze, which is based on the Saw movie franchise.
Theme Park Tourist will be attending the opening weekend of Fright Nights and will feature a full review on the site shortly thereafter. You can see what we thought of the last year's event in our Thorpe Park Fright Nights 2011 review.
Tickets for Fright Nights 2012 can now be purchased online from the official Thorpe Park website, with prices starting at £24. The events will take place on October 12-14, October 19-21 and October 26 - November 4.
Universal Orlando: The Unofficial Story - fully updated for 2014!
Heading to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando?
If you're planning a vacation to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando, be sure to check out the following resources to help you save money:
- View our listings of all the latest Walt Disney World discounts.
- See the latest offers for the Universal Orlando Resort.
- Get a FREE quote for your Orlando vacation from Destinations in Florida, who will guarantee the best package price.