The ultimate guide to the world's theme parks
Today is: Sun 19th May, 2013
Check today's latest news
LEGOLAND Malaysia rides, lands detailed ahead of December 2012 debutSubmitted by Nick Sim on Monday, December 12, 2011 09:47
The names of the themed lands that will form part of LEGOLAND Malaysia when it opens in December 2012 have been revealed, along with details of a number of the park's rides.
LEGOLAND Malaysia is set be very similar to the existing LEGOLAND parks around the world, with owner Merlin Entertainments Group using a near-identical template to the one it used for the recently-opened LEGOLAND Florida. A report in the New Straits Times claims that the park will cost around $230 million to construct, and will feature 7 themed areas and 40 attractions.
The lands that will make up LEGOLAND Malaysia will be:
- The Beginning - an entrance area hosting a number of retail outlets.
- LEGO City - home to versions of the popular Boating School and Driving School rides, and a version of the Fire Academy attraction seen at other LEGOLAND parks.
- Miniland - will feature LEGO recreations of famous landmarks.
- Land of Adventure - home to exotic rides featuring a pharaoh's stolen treasure and an island populated with dinosaurs.
- Imagination - an area in which children can build and play with LEGO.
- LEGO Kingdom - will house a version of the Dragon roller coaster seen at LEGOLAND Windsor, as well as the Royal Joust attraction.
- LEGO Technic - will host another roller coaster and the Aquazone Wave Racer water ride.
You can keep up to date with the latest confirmed and rumored opening dates for new attractions through Theme Park Tourist's "New Attraction Watch" section, and by signing up for our weekly newsletter.