Alton Towers announces dates, details of Scarefest 2011 Halloween eventsSubmitted by Nick Sim on Monday, August 15, 2011 22:54
Alton Towers has confirmed the dates of its Scarefest 2011 Halloween events, as well as announcing details of the horror attractions that will be featured this year.
Scarefest 2011 will run from October 15-31, and as in previous years will see Alton Towers staying open until 9pm every evening. This will give guests a rare chance to experience the park's rides in near-darkness, before heading to two horror mazes located outside the park which stay open for several additional hours. Entry to the horror mazes is subject to an additional surcharge, which in 2010 ranged from £6-7 or each or £10-12 for a combined ticket.
There are no major new additions to the Scarefest line-up for 2011, with all of the horror mazes having been featured in the 2010 event (Update: a new zombie-themed scare zone has now been confirmed as part of the line-up). The three horror mazes will be:
- Terror of the Towers - takes guests inside the historic gothic mansion that lends the park its name, where they encounter a series of demon-like characters. Included with park admission.
- The Boiler House - returning for a fourth straight year, this maze sees guests terrorised by two escaped serial killers and is located outside the park itself in the grounds of the Alton Towers hotel.
- Carnival of Screams - situated alongside The Boiler House and first introduced in 2010. The maze sees guests trying to escape a circus that is run by a troupe of murderous clowns.
Also making a repeat appearance at Scarefest 2011 will be the Trick or Treat Doors, a minor family-oriented attraction. Meet-and-greets with Halloween characters Skelvin and friends will also be available, although the child-friendly Skelvin's Haunted Adventure (a makeover of the Duel haunted house attraction that was included in the 2010 line-up) is not listed in the park's press release.
Alton Towers will again offer special "Trick or Treat" rooms at its on-site hotels, which will include hidden surprises for guests to search for. The rooms can be booked by calling 0871 222 6672.
Theme Park Tourist will be attending Scarefest 2011 and will feature a review on the site shortly afterwards. You can read what we thought of last year's event in our Scarefest 2010 review.
Heading to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando?
If you're planning a vacation to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando, be sure to check out the following resources to help you save money:
- Find out how to buy discounted Disney and Universal tickets.
- View our listings of all the latest Walt Disney World discounts.
- See the latest offers for the Universal Orlando Resort.
- Get a FREE quote for your Orlando vacation from Destinations in Florida, who will guarantee the best package price.