The ultimate guide to the world's theme parks
Today is: Mon 9th December, 2013
Check today's latest news
Universal Studios Singapore releases interactive park mapSubmitted by Nick Sim on Thursday, October 22, 2009 19:12
Image © 2009 Universal
An interactive park map has been released of Universal Studios Singapore, which is set to open in early 2010.
The map is hosted on the website of the $4.2 billion Sentosa Resorts World property, where the new park is located. It shows off the seven themed zones that will make up the park when it opens.
The seven zones are:
- Hollywood - Located at the park entrance and based on Hollywood Boulevard, this is the park's equivalent of Disneyland's Main Street USA. It features the Pantages Theatre, which will host musical show MonstroCity
- New York - Home to the Lights! Camera! Action! Show - Hosted by Steven Spielberg, which features a simulation of a major hurricane hitting New York City. Also located in the zone is Stage28, a showcase of famous props from Universal films.
- Sci-Fi City - A futuristic zone that includes dueling inverted rollercoasters themed on Battlestar Galactica. It will also be home to the Transformers attraction when it opens in 2011.
- Ancient Egypt - Hosts Singapore's version of the popular Revenge of the Mummy coaster, plus Treasure Hunters, a car ride through an "excavation site" for younger guests.
- Lost World - Features the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure, which will differ from Florida and California's River Adventure. Also home to Canopy Flyer, a gentle coaster, and a version of the popular Waterworld show from the US Universal parks.
- Far Far Away - Based on the Shrek movies, this zone includes The Fairytale Castle which houses a clone of the Shrek 4-D attraction, plus the Donkey: Live interactive show and Enchanted Airways, a family coaster based on Donkey's Dragon.
- Madagascar - Inspired by the film of the same name, featuring the recently announced Madagascar: A Crate Adventure boat ride. Also in this zone is King Julien’s Beach Party-Go-Round.
Overall, Universal Studios Singapore is set to feature some 24 rides and attractions on its opening day. In addition to the rides exported to Singapore from the US, rides such as Madagascar: A Crate Adventure are likely to make their way to Universal's US parks in the long term.
You can keep an eye on the opening dates for new attractions over at Theme Park Tourist's "New Attraction Watch".